Proximity sensors are found in all manner of industrial and commercial applications, from monitoring the position of product and processing jigging to measuring the speed of a motorised conveyor. The undeniable practicality of proximity sensors and their use in multiple industries is a testament to their effectiveness.
Industry proximity sensors have characteristically always had short sensing distances, bringing with them certain risks.
Typical examples include:
- Excessive equipment vibration that can cause a sensor body to move away from or come in contact with the sensing object
- Process failures due to vibration-related incidents are said to account for approximately 20% of stoppages
Unforeseen production problems are a major headache, resulting in serious processing delays and a catalogue of issues that could lead to unexpected expenditure, loss of orders and so on. To minimize downtime, production and manufacturing facilities have relied upon maintenance personnel reacting to unforeseen issues. Today, manufacturers are embracing smart devices and the IoT to maintain and improve facility operation rates without relying on expensive service schedules and reactive maintenance protocols.
Increasing the Proximity
Omron, one of the World’s leading authorities on the design and manufacture of industrial automation equipment have recently released 2512 new proximity sensors. These new additions to the ever-expanding Omron range of proximity sensors are called the E2E NEXT series boasting the World’s longest sensing distance*1 with the addition of future-proof IO-Link communication features.
E2E NEXT – they don’t have to be that close…
These advanced IoT enabled proximity sensors to help reduce the risks of sudden manufacturing stoppages by one third*2. detecting the initial warning signs of potential issues and notifying you via an IO-Link network to your control system and HMI. All this data can be used to facilitate real-time monitoring and contribute to predictive maintenance, helping to reduce your facilities downtime and increase its profitability.
E2E NEXT Sensor Features
- Up to 4 times the sensing range of standard inductive sensors
- Monitor all of the E2E sensors range with IO-Link
- 2512 different models in a selection of sizes
- DC3 and DC2 wire versions
- PNP or NPN units (3 wire versions)
- Space-saving design- smaller sensors have greater range than previous larger models
- Short and long body versions
- High-visibility 360 Degree LED indicator
- Resists 2 years of exposure to machine cutting oil
- -25 to 70 Degrees C operating temperature range
- Excellent environmental protection- resists hot pressure washing and steam
- Pre-wired and pre-wired connector models: IP67, IP67G and IP67K
- Connector models IP67, IP67K
- Available with splatter resistant coating
- Upgrade existing sensor installations quickly with e-jig mounting sleeve
- Pre-wire PVC
- Pre-wire Robot PVC
- PVC Pigtail
- Robot PVC Pigtail
- M8 3 pin
- M8 4 Pin
- M12 4 pin
- UL, CSA, CE Certification
The E2E NEXT Series, DC 3-wire Proximity Sensors are equipped with OMRON’s own Thermal Distance Control 2 and PROX3 hybrid circuitry technologies, enabling sensing distances that are at least twice as long as in the previous models*3. The operational distances between the sensors and detectable objects are always being monitored and can send you notifications via IO-Link*4 if operational parameters are exceeded. This enables you to quickly identify the early warning signs of sudden facility stoppages and analyse data patterns which in turn allows for the creation of data-driven maintenance schedules based on condition monitoring.
Kempston Controls wants you to provide you with the best selection of proximity sensor options, and that’s why, as a supplier partner for Omron, we can offer you the best selection at the best price. Even if the Omron proximity sensor you require isn’t stocked we can certainly source it for you as we have access to the entire Omron range! Give us a call on +44 (0) 1933 411411 or email us at email@example.com to discuss your proximity sensor requirements.
Have you seen these articles?
*1 Based on December 2018 OMRON investigation of DC 3-wire models.
*2 Based on December 2018 OMRON investigation.
*3 Comparison between previous products (2-wire models) and E2E NEXT 3-wire model series.
*4 Standardised technology for communicating with sensors and actuators, prescribed by the international standard IEC 61131-9.
Kempston Controls is committed to finding you the ideal solution for your application. Call us today on +44 (0) 1933 411 411, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively contact us here, we will be happy to help.