The PBS plus Pressure Sensors from SICK, expands upon their existing PBS Sensor range, they have been purposely designed for demanding industrial applications, providing an electronic pressure switch, pressure transmitter and display all-in-one, available with up to two switching outputs, analogue output and IO-Link communication.
Simple to set-up, the PBS plus features three large pushbuttons and an easy-to-read display and they can be set-up using IO-Link, which also provides diagnostic functions and simplifies predictive maintenance, external parameterisation also makes handling easier and ensures lower maintenance costs.
Easily adapted for countless installation possibilities
The PBS plus range of Pressure Sensors are easily adapted to suit numerous installations, for example, the housing can be rotated twice, once at the process connection and then at the display cap, meaning the electrical connection can be rotated in the desired direction at any time.
Versatile, thanks to the large number of available process connections, including a flush-mounted membrane for sticky, crystallising and viscous media, helps to widen the integration possibilities of the PBS plus Pressure Sensor series. With measuring ranges of 0.4 bar to 1,000 bar (gauge pressure), the PBS plus can be used in many different applications. It also has absolute pressure and vacuum measuring ranges.
PBS plus Pressure Sensor Applications
- Measurement of system pressure in hydraulic systems
- Control of the clamping pressure in CNC machines
- Monitoring of the cylinder pressure in hydraulic presses
- Control of the pressure in cooling and lubricant systems
- Hydrostatic level measurement
- Measurement of system pressure in PET bottle production
The best in challenging conditions
Whether in aggressive environments, with measuring ranges of 0.4 bar to 1,000 bar, or when used with viscous liquids, the PBS plus takes challenging environments in its stride. Due to the integrated electrochemical cell with fully welded stainless steel membrane, it can withstand even aggressive media, as no sealing medium is required between the electrochemical cell and the membrane. Temperatures between –20 °C and +85 °C are no problem for the PBS plus.
This series of robust pressure switches have been designed for optimum functionality and range of use, resulting in a wide range of setting options reducing the number of sensor variants required within a production process ultimately reducing costs for customers.
SICK PBS plus Sensor Benefits
- Switchable switching outputs (PNP/NPN) and analogue output (current/voltage)
- Scalable analogue output (5:1 turn down)
- High measurement accuracy: ± 0.5%
- IO-Link for transmitting process data to the control system, measured values in bar
- Housing can be twisted in two places (process connection/display), display can be rotated 180°
- Common process connections, also with flush-mounted membrane
- Rugged design: stainless steel measuring cell
- Extensive diagnosis options via IO-Link
- Economic solution for hydrostatic level measurement
- Reduced installation time
PBS plus Pressure Sensor Technical Features
- Gauge pressure – 0 bar … 0.4 bar (0 psi … 6 psi) to 0 bar … 1,000 bar (0 psi …14,504 psi)
- Absolute pressure -0 bar … 0.4 bar (0 psi … 6 psi) to 0 bar … 25 bar (0 psi … 363 psi)
- Compound pressure -1 bar … 0 bar (-14.5 psi … 0 psi) to –1 bar … +24 bar (-14.5 psi … +348 psi)
- Pressure unit – bar (can be switched to psi, MPa, kPa, kg/cm2)
- Accuracy ≤ ± 0.5 % of the span
- Setting accuracy of switching outputs ≤ ± 0.5 % of span
- Output signal – Output 1: PNP/IO-Link, Output 2 (optional): PNP/NPN switchable, Analog output (optional): 4…20 mA / 0…10 V switchable
- Electrical connection M12x1 round connector
- Approvals CE, cULus
Have you seen these?