Pepperl+Fuchs has expanded its extensive portfolio of industrial identification devices with the IUT-F190-B40 UHF RFID Read/Write Head, featuring 1000mW ERP transmitting power, integrated Industrial Ethernet interface and REST API. Easily integrated into IT systems using the REST API, this versatile UHF read/write head can be fully parameterised and operated via this interface, eliminating the need for PLC programming.
The IUT-F190 also has two inputs and one output, meaning light barriers can be connected directly, making it possible to start and stop the read operation or to detect throughput direction with no additional IO components required. Using the output, a signal light can indicate that the read/write head is ready for operation or that an operation was successful.
Quick and Easy Integration
Designed for medium detection ranges (around 2 meters), the IUT-F190-B40 utilises Industrial Ethernet and REST API technologies allowing it to be quickly and easily integrated into OT and IT systems, an ideal solution for industry 4.0 production control and monitoring & track-and-trace applications. In addition, the integrated web interface of the IUT-F190-B40-UHF can be used for parameterisation and commissioning and when used with the Pepperl + Fuchs IDENTControl Control Interface (enquire for details) it is possible to connect up to 4 read/write heads at the same time, prebuilt function blocks make installation easy and provides connectivity to several standard fieldbuses and has excellent EMC immunity.
Robust and durable, the IUT- F190-B40 features an IP67 rated PA housing and has a wide temperature range making it suitable for use in numerous demanding industrial environments. Based on UHF RFID technology, this read/write head achieves high read ranges and detection speeds and supports multi-tag reading. The large number of radio approvals and bus interfaces means that the F190 can be used globally.
The built-in, automatically switchable antenna polarisation provides reliable identification even when the tag orientation is inconsistent or unknown. The compact housing (114x112x63 mm) with integrated antenna makes this capable read/write head suitable for installation in confined spaces without compromising on range & transmission power. Emitting 1000 mW ERP makes the IUT-F190-B40 the top of its performance class and is an ideal stand alone solution for a wide range of industrial processing tasks.
- Direct integration into OT and IT systems via Industrial Ethernet interface and REST API
- Additional IOs for Trigger Sensors or Signal Lights – (2 x input, 1 x output)
- Compact and rugged housing for industrial use in harsh ambient conditions
- Switchable antenna polarisation guarantees reliable tag detection and enhances process flow
- Powerful UHF read/write head for medium detection ranges
- Multi-tag reading of up to 40 tags for increased productivity
- Read/write heads, tags, sensors, and connection technology from a single source
- Ready-made PLC function blocks for quick and easy system integration (used with IDENTControl)
- LED status indicator for bus communication and read/write station
- Network loop through by means of integrated 2 port switch
Read/Write Head Technical Specifications
- Operating frequency 865 – 868 MHz: EU, Turkey
- Emitted power 3 – 1000 mW ERP adjustable
- Operating distance typically 2 metres
- Rated operating voltage 20 – 30 V DC
- Current consumption ≤ 500 mA, Power consumption ≤ 10 W
- Interfaces 1&2 -Ethernet, HTTP, EtherNet/IP, PROFINET IO, Transfer rate 10 MBit/s or 100 MBit/s
- Ambient temperature range -20 – 70 °C (-4 – 158 °F)
- Dimensions HxWxD – 63 x 112 x 114 mm
- Power supply: M12 connector, protective earth: M4 earthing screw
- Ethernet: M12 plug connection
- Housing material PA 6.6
- IP67 rated
- Radio equipment directive 2014/53/EU EN 301489-1, EN 301489-3, EN 302208, EN 62368-1, EN 62311, EN 50364
- RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU (RoHS) IEC/EN 63000
- Degree of protection EN 60529, RFID ISO/IEC 18000-63
If you are looking for the perfect Pepperl + Fuchs Read/Write Head solution then give Kempston Controls a call, our professional sales and technical teams will be happy to help find the perfect product solution. You can call us on +44 (0) 1933, 411 411, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the enquiry form below.
Have you seen these articles?