The Pepperl+Fuchs’ family of inductive valve position sensors helps provide modern industry with the most contemporary direct-mount open solution products available. These dual inductive sensor models include the F25 series for smaller pneumatic actuators and manual valves, the F31 series for small or medium actuators, and the robust F31K2 sensors. The F31K2 is the most flexible, rugged and weatherproof sensor model, ideal for use in demanding working environments.
Direct mount valve position inductive sensors minimise space requirements, maintain sensing distance, and offer simplicity and reliable monitoring. Designed to meet the requirements of the process valve market, these inductive proximity sensors are easily mounted onto the actuator enabling fast connection and easy replacement. All of these products are available to purchase from Kempston Controls today.
F25 Series – Basic, for manually operated valves and small/medium sized actuators
The F25/F25K series is available as a cable, plug, or terminal compartment version and combines the two sensor elements in the smallest possible space. Perfect for small basic applications, such as manual valves in indoor areas.
Versatile, the F25 sensor series is an effective solution for valve positioning, the two sensing elements in one device reduces installation and maintenance costs considerably. The F25 sensors are suitable for both the switch box enclosure as well as for direct mount onto the actuator.
F25 Inductive Proximity Sensor Features
- The sensor mounts directly to manual or automated rotary valves using NAMUR 30 mm – spaced mounting holes
- Adjustable-free mounting, maintains accurate sensing distance
- Actuator target for position monitoring applications
- Direct assembly on standard actuators
- Dual sensor with two active zones
- Small construction with sturdy plastic housing, IP 67
- 2-wire DC sensor with minimum off-state current
- For use with manual valves
- Finger safe design
- Namur, Safety Namur, SIL3, DC 2-wire, DC 3-wire
- M12 male connector or cable
- Construction PBT plastic
F31/F31K – Standard, for direct mounting on actuators either indoor or outdoor
The F31/F31K series are used in applications on standard valve actuators in indoor and outdoor areas. They are very easy to assemble and are also available for hazardous areas.
The standard series F31/F31K are best suited for position feedback that enables direct, stable, and durable mounting of the sensor and actuator. The variable dual sensors are suitable for all normal actuators and are easy to mount.
F31/31K Inductive Proximity Sensor Features
- Small sensing face ensures no pinch point hazard between sensor and puck
- Direct mounting on actuators in indoor and outdoor areas
- Versions include cable connection, plug and socket, and terminal compartments
- Clear LED indication of switch status, supply voltage, and solenoid activation
- Compact design (F31), F31K features a terminal compartment
- 1 or 2 solenoid outputs
- NAMUR, SIL2, DC 2-wire, DC 3-wire, AC/DC, AS-interface
F31k2 Series – Premium – optimised for outdoor applications
The F31K2 series is specifically designed for uncompromising use outdoors, combining durability and flexibility with excellent performance, even under extreme working conditions. Easy to mount on standard valve actuators without the need for additional mounting aids, these proximity sensors feature a highly visible integrated valve position indicator and translucent housing.
The F31K2’s unique double housing construction provides double mechanical protection and is tightly sealed, optimised for outdoor use with a high resistance to UV, temperature, and salt water. Thanks to the open solution and the translucent housing, the integrated beacon is highly visible.
F31K2 Inductive Proximity Sensor Features
- Inductive dual sensor with extended sensing range
- Optimised for outdoor use, rugged construction
- Electronic amplifiers with Ex approval
- Fully encapsulated sensor housing for non-contact sensing
- Plug-in screw or cage clamps
- Connections for cable or conduit fittings with long screw threads
- Temperature, UV resistant and waterproof polycarbonate or aluminium housing
- Connection of 1 or 2 solenoid valves, large terminal space
- Flexible and modular housing with highly visible beacon
- LEDs for sensor output and control of solenoid valves
- Direct installation on NAMUR actuator holes 30 x 80 mm, 30 x 130 mm
Have you read these?