The detection of transparent, highly reflective, shiny and dark objects has always been an issue for infrared and vision-based process control sensor. The sensors would suffer instability during detection and fail to detect properly, which isn’t what you what in an industrial processing and automation installation. To address this problem, the ever-innovative development engineers at SensoPart put on their thinking caps.
The Sensing Solution
The FT 55-RLHM Photoelectric Diffuse Laser Sensor with background suppression (BGS) was created to effectively and reliably detect target product surfaces of any kind and identify even the smallest objects with ease. This unique sensor features an operating mode known as ‘Detect all’ and it can cope with any type of targets including:
- Shiny and reflective target objects
- Transparent products
- Black products on a black background
The FT 55-RLHM range can respond to all deviations from a given reference, including changes in an objects distance, differing surface finishes or even a deflected laser light beam, the most efficient sensor in this category. In this mode, this impressive and versatile sensor has no blind zone and target objects can be detected from zero mm. Ideal for countless challenging detection applications such as automotive, metal processing, machine construction and packaging technology.
Small targets? No problem…
Small targets can be reliably and easily identified within the sensors defined detection range including objects at acute angles. This capable Diffuse Laser Photoelectric Sensor not only utilises the distance value but can also cleverly integrates the energy emitted from the target object itself during the detection process. This sensor can be used to check stack height such as identifying multiple product layers like stacks of cardboard packaging by detecting the presence of too many or too few layers.
Detecting black on black products and welded nuts
- Detection of the smallest objects even at long distances (up to 1 m – model dependant)
- Extremely stable presence detection even in challenging applications
- No blind zone in ‘Detect all’ mode
- Special mode for stacking height measurement
- Easy to operate thanks to LCD display and feedback function
- Two independent switching outputs
- Configurable switching outputs -switch-on/switch-off delays and more
- Fast set-up thanks to continuous distance indicator in display
- Laser class 1 – for optimum security
- IO-Link – a future-proof interface that meets the demands of Industry 4.0
- Robust metal housing – sensor durability even in challenging processes
This comprehensive range of functions combined with a high-quality metal housing and non-hazardous laser class 1, makes the FT 55-RLHM range ideal for diverse industrial automation applications, whether in machine construction or in the automotive, plastic, pharmaceutical or packaging industry.
Kempston Controls are the people to talk to if you are looking for a SensoPart Photoelectric Sensor Solution. With access to SensoPart’s entire product portfolio we can get you the products you need, when you need them and at the best possible price. Give our hard-working sales team a call on +44 (0) 1933 411411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your Photoelectric Sensor requirements.
Have you read these articles?
Kempston Controls is committed to finding you the ideal solution for your application. Call us today on +44 (0) 1933 411 411, email us at email@example.com, or alternatively contact us here, we will be happy to help.