In July we took a look at the Ex-Handy 10 an intrinsically safe feature phone from ecom, a P+F brand. A few months on and ecom have begun to roll out their newest addition to their Ex certified mobile communication device range: The Smart-Ex 02!
The Smart-Ex 02 DZ1 & DZ2 – Intrinsically Safe Smartphones
After the success of the Smart-Ex 01, ecom has thrown out the rule book and have unveiled the Smart-Ex 02 the worlds first intrinsically safe smartphone for Zone 1/21 and Div. 1 areas that will also meet the sophisticated Google Android Enterprise Recommended (AER) validation. Whilst meeting the high standards set by Google, the Smart-Ex 02 also meets the important global hazardous location and regulatory certification.
Built on the Android 9 operating system this rugged smartphone has a large, high-resolution display with powerful features such as a replaceable 4400mAh battery (the first of its kind for ATEX device), push-to-talk for lone worker protection (LWP) while retaining standard smartphone features.
With no SIM lock and support for 21 LTE frequency bands, the Smart-Ex 02 can be connected to different networks worldwide and can continue to be used safely, quickly, and efficiently whether you’re connected to WiFi or LTE.
ecom has worked closely with manufacturers and developers alike to ensure the Smart-Ex 02 series has long term support. This longevity offers users peace of mind when it comes to security and usability even without a Service Level Agreement.
While the Smart-Ex 02 works without the need for an SLA, ecom do however suggest that when purchasing the device, a customer purchases the three-year agreement to ensure unlimited, long-term use of the Smart -EX 02 Smartphone.
Smart-Ex 02 DZ1 & DZ2 Intrinsically Safe Mobile Phone Features
- Worldwide approvals for Zone 1/21, 2/22 & Class 1 / Div 1 & Div 2
- Push to talk over 4G, LTE and WiFI providing optimal low latency coverage
- 4G / LTE standard (Dual-SIM unlocked)
- WiFi Standard 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/e/k/r/h with 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz support
- Bluetooth® 4.2 incl. BLE, GPS and NFC
- Temperature range -20 to +60°C
- IP68 rated dust and waterproof housing
Android 9 Driven and Packed with Hardware:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 Platform
- 3 GB RAM, 32 GB ROM with support for 128GB microSD
- 7 cm (5.0 inch) display with Gorilla® Glass
- 2 cameras: 12 MP camera with autofocus and LED flash + 5 MP camera
- 5 mm jack connection with special ecom mounting
- Waterproof magnetic USB 2.0 connector
- Long rechargeable and replaceable 4400 mAh battery
- II 2G Ex ib op is IIC T4 Gb IP64
- II 2D Ex ib op is IIIC T120°C Db
- II 3G Ex ic op is IIC T4 Gc IP64
- II 3D Ex ic op is IIIC T120°C Dc
- Ex ib op is IIC T4 Gb IP64
- Ex ib op is IIIC T120°C Db
- Ex ic op is IIC T4 Gc IP64
- Ex ic op is IIIC T120°C Dc
- Class I, II, III, Division 1 Groups A-G, T4
- Class I, II, III Div. 2 Groups A-G T4
There is also an extensive application library featuring many Smart-Ex 02 DZ1 and DZ2 compatible apps that can help with a variety of communication, tracking and data gathering solutions and IIoT applications, the perfect addition to your intrinsically safe mobile communication solution.
You can never be too safe when it comes to operating within an environment that demands intrinsic safety. Whether it’s the equipment operating the machinery or the mobile communication devices used by personnel working in these areas. Kempston Controls, as a supplier partner of ecom a Pepperl + Fuchs brand is able to source all the intrinsically safe mobile devices and equipment you will need. Give our dedicated sales team a call on +44 (0) 1933 411411 or email email@example.com to enquire about your Smart-Ex 02 DZ1 and DZ2 and to discuss your intrinsically safe requirements.
For more information on the Ex-Handy 10 feature phone click here.
Take a look at our handy infographic on Atex Zones here.
Kempston Controls is committed to finding you the ideal solution for your application. Call us today on +44 (0) 1933 411 411, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively contact us here, we will be happy to help.