When it comes to mobile communication in dangerous working environments where there may be a chance that an errant spark or excessive heat could ignite a volatile atmosphere, your mobile communication device needs to be intrinsically safe.
What are intrinsically safe devices?
Intrinsically safe devices are defined as: ‘Equipment and wiring that is incapable of releasing sufficient electrical or thermal energy under normal operating conditions that could lead to the ignition of a specific hazardous atmospheric mixture in an easily ignited concentration’. It stands to reason that in environmental conditions like these the equipment used in those areas will need to certified to specific intrinsically safe directives such as ATEX and IECEx.
Most modern smartphones may be feature-packed with all the latest hardware and software but when it comes to keeping users safe in potentially dangerous atmospheric conditions they are sadly lacking by not being intrinsically safe and potentially dangerous in certain locations.
ecom, a Pepperl + Fuchs Brand has the intrinsically safe answer to on-site mobile communications in the harshest of environments in the form of the Ex-Handy 10 DZ1 & DZ2 ATEX safe feature phones.
The EX-Handy 10 DZ1 & DZ2 – Intrinsically Safe Mobile Feature Phones
The Ex-Handy 10 DZ1 & DZ2 are simple to use and extremely robust impact-resistant intrinsically safe feature phones that have been designed for use in potentially hazardous environments, meeting worldwide approvals for Zone 1/21, 2/22 & Class 1 / Div 1 & Div 2. These Android 8.1 based phones are ideal for a wide range of intrinsically safe uses from push-to-talk (PTT), general phone communication, lone worker protection (LWP) and have the ability to function seamlessly with the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
Complete with many of the familiar apps you would find on a regular Android smartphone the Ex-Handy DZ1 & DZ2 enables the use of push-to-talk over 4G, private LTE and WiFi networks via an external Zone 1/21 speaker microphone, ensuring it has optimal safe network coverage in working areas and situations for when workplace safety demands it.
Ex-Handy 10 DZ1 & DZ2 Intrinsically Safe Mobile Phone Features:
- Worldwide approvals for Zone 1/21, 2/22 & Class 1 / Div 1 & Div 2
- Push to talk over 4G, LTE and WiFI providing optimal low latency coverage
- Specials buttons for one-touch (PPT) and lone worker protection (LWP) functions
- 4G/LTE standard (SIM unlocked) – Nano SIM
- WiFI 802.11 a/b/g/n/e/k/r/k: 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz support
- Bluetooth 4.2 BLE, GPS and NFC
- IP68 rated dust and waterproof housing, MIL-STD-810G
- Designed for the IIoT
- Temperature range -20 to +60°C
Android 8.1 Driven and Packed with Hardware:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8909 processor
- 2GB Ram, 16GB ROM – SD card up to 128GB
- 2.6-inch capacitive extra-tough Gorilla glass screen with excellent readability
- 8 MP rear-facing camera with auto-focus and LED flash
- 3.5mm jack connection with special ecom mounting
- 7 -pin waterproof magnetic USB 2.0 connector
- Forward-facing speakers ensure optimum sound quality even in noisy environments
- Cabling systems allows the use of Radio Speaker Microphones or headsets
- Long rechargeable battery life 3920 mAh
- II 2G Ex ib op is IIC T4 Gb IP64
- II 2D Ex ib op is IIIC T120°C Db
- II 3G Ex ic IIC T4 Gc IP64
- II 3D Ex ic IIIC T120°C Dc
- Ex ib op is IIC T4 Gb IP64
- Ex ib op is IIIC T120°C Db
- Ex ic IIC T4 Gc IP64
- Ex ic IIIC T120°C Dc
- Class I, II, III, DIV 1, Groups A-G, T4
- Class I, II, III, DIV 2, Groups A-G, T4
There is also an extensive application library featuring many Ex-handy 10 DZ1 and DZ2 compatible apps that can help with a variety of communication, tracking and data gathering solutions and IIoT applications, the perfect addition to your intrinsically safe mobile communication solution.
You can never be too safe when it comes to operating within an environment that demands intrinsic safety. Whether it’s the equipment operating the machinery or the mobile communication devices used by personnel working in these areas. Kempston Controls, as a supplier partner of ecom, Pepperl + Fuchs is able to source all the intrinsically safe mobile devices and equipment you will need. Give our dedicated sales team a call on +44 (0) 1933 411411 or email email@example.com to order your Ex-Handy 10 DZ1 & DZ2 and to discuss your intrinsically safe requirements.
Kempston Controls is committed to finding you the ideal solution for your application. Call us today on +44 (0) 1933 411 411, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively contact us here, we will be happy to help.