Enclosures are a practical solution for numerous applications within an industrial environment, from use as electrical terminal and connection boxes to housing electronics and pneumatic devices, protecting them from environmental hazards.
Bernstein has established themselves as a world leader in the design and manufacture of industrial safety and control products and their comprehensive range of practical and hard-wearing enclosures can’t fail to impress. With tough, durable IP66 and IP67 rated aluminium enclosures designed for areas that demand a robust solution, to ABS, polyester and polycarbonate models for less physically demanding installations that still need excellent environmental protection.
The Bernstein range of aluminium, polycarbonate, polyester and ABS enclosures meet a variety of DIN and UL specifications regarding flammability and material density standards and feature IP ratings from IP65 to IP67 dependent on the chosen model.
CA Series – Aluminium Enclosures
The CA series of Aluminium enclosures have a long-established and proven track record of successfully encapsulating electrical, electronic or pneumatic components, safely protecting them from damage in demanding working environments. Complete with a foamed PUR gasket that helps them maintain an IP66 and IP67 rating, preventing the ingress of workplace dusts and liquids. The durable aluminium construction of the CA series also means they have a very high mechanical strength and impact resistance when compared to ABS and Polycarbonate models. Built to survive a demanding industrial life they are also ideally suited for applications in potentially explosive atmospheres.
- High mechanical strength enclosures
- Protection class IP66 and IP67, according to DIN EN 60529
- Tough and durable powder coating provides high corrosion and impact resistance
- RAL 7001 -silver grey colour
- Earthing screws in the body and cover for connecting PE conductors
- Mounting flanges for securing mounting rail, mounting plates etc.
- Material: Aluminium pressure die-cast or gravity die-cast
- Foam PUR seal
- Stainless steel, captive, cross recessed head cover screws
- Temperature range -30°C to +80°C
- Approvals: UL, ATEX
CT Series – Polycarbonate and ABS Enclosures
Manufactured from either polycarbonate or ABS, with a clear polycarbonate or coloured lid the lightweight series CT of plastic enclosures offer a greater degree of corrosion resistance than their aluminium counterparts but are slightly less robust. These durable plastic enclosures are perfectly suited for less demanding industrial locations. IP65 rated the CT range of enclosures are perfectly suited for encapsulating electrical and electronic components including small-scale controllers and switchgear. A foamed PUR gasket helps protect your installation from workplace elements and dirt ingress ensuring a long and safe working life for your valuable control devices and equipment.
- Available in ABS and polycarbonate
- Protection class IP65, according to DIN EN 60529
- RAL 7035 -light grey colour
- Attachment boss for mounting rail, components etc
- Polycarbonate variants offer advantages in terms of impact strength, UV resistance and operating temperature range
- Polyurethane (PUR) gasket
- Polycarbonate, transparent polycarbonate or ABS materials
- Foamed PUR seal
- Stainless steel, self-locking, cross recessed head quick-release fasteners
- Temperature range: -40°C to +120°C (polycarbonate), -40°C to +80°C (ABS)
- Approvals: c UL us, c CSA us
CP Series – Polyester Enclosures
The Bernstein CP and CPS series of polyester enclosures are manufactured from hard-wearing glass fibre-reinforced polyester and are ideally suited for encapsulating electrical and electronic components as well as control components in harsh environments or potentially explosive atmospheres (black polyester). Protecting their contents from liquids, dust, solids and physical impact. Supplied with a foamed PUR seal and available in grey and black colours. The black polyester enclosure range meets the requirements for Ex applications thanks to their reduced surface resistance (Ro < 109 Ohm).
- Enclosure for high mechanical strength
- High corrosion resistance
- Excellent for external applications
- Protection class IP66 and IP67 – according to DIN EN 60529
- Standard colour RAL 7000 (grey) and RAL 9005 (black)
- Mounting bushes for mounting rail, mounting plate, pc boards etc.
- Black polyester variant meets requirements for EX applications with its reduced surface resistance
- Glass fibre-reinforced polyester material in grey or black
- Foamed PUR seal
- Stainless steel, captive, cross recessed head quick-release fastener
- Temperature range: -60°C to +165°C
- Approvals: c UL us, c CSA us, ATEX, IECEx
Kempston Controls has access to the entire Bernstein range of enclosures including the CC-3000 and CC-5000 neXt computer system enclosures and the innovative CC-4000 control enclosures, so, even if the particular one you require isn’t in our stock we can certainly get them to you rapidly! Give our dedicated sales team a call on +44 (0) 1933 411411 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss all your specific enclosure requirements.
Have you seen these articles?