When it comes to industrial connectors, the PRC Series of circular connectors from Phoenix Contact has been designed to enable robust, reliable and stable cable-to-cable connections that demand precision real estate management in a multitude of installations from industrial and outdoor to commercial buildings. Incorporating weatherproof materials in their construction and with an impressive IP69K rating, the PRC series of connectors are capable of high current transmission even in the most demanding environmental conditions.
The PRC series has grown recently, expanding the possibilities of this series of robust Phoenix Contact inverted circular connectors even further. These additional connector models come in a selectable angled format – the field connectors can be set at 45 & 90 degrees and device connectors set at 0, 45, and 90 degrees. Thanks to their clever modular design they can be installed with various contact inserts for 5 and 3-way socket or pin contacts depending on the desired application. The PRC series circular connectors can also be colour coded, which can help speed up the accuracy and speed of connections in the field.
These inverted circular connectors with contact inserts, available in 3 or 5 contact versions, have been designed for currents up to 35 A and voltages up to 690 V AC. Hard-wearing and versatile, these circular connectors are up to 75% more compact than rival industrial connectors that are in the marketplace. Their smaller dimension adds yet another string to the bow of the diligent engineer who is looking for a compact and robust circular connector solution for their next installation or retrofitting project.
PRC Connector Advantages
- 75% smaller in size than industrial connectors with the same rating
- Locking mechanism can be unlocked manually or using a tool
- Suitable for applications in atmospheres containing salt with excellent UV resistance
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor use – waterproof materials
PRC Series Circular Connector Features:
- Conductor cross sections: 1.5 mm² to 6 mm²
- 3 or 5 connector contact options
- Single and three-phase power distribution
- Rated voltage: 690 V AC
- Rated current: 35 A
- IP69K protection rating
- Colour coding options
Angular PRC Series Circular Connector Features:
- Available with 3/5 position connector inserts with pins or sockets
- Field connectors can be set at 45° and 90° angles
- Device connectors can be set at 0°, 45°, and 90° angles
- Modular system
Kempston Controls, as a supplier partner for Phoenix Contact, is the place to come to for all of your circular connector requirements, we can supply you with any PRC series circular connector you need for your next installation. Please give our dedicated sales team a call on +44 (0) 1933 411411 to discuss your circular connector requirements.