SmartWire-DT, is an ultramodern control panel wiring technology permitting electrical installations to be planned, designed, wired, tested and commissioned considerably quicker than conventional methods.
SmartWire-DT optimises control panel functionality and reduces associated costs.
Revolutionary SmartWire-DT connection technology is utilised to reduce complication by replacing conventional circuit wiring with a single ribbon cable. SmartWire is a unique connection solution for control panels, and simplifies connection to external pilot and measurement devices. SmartWire-DT “green” flat 8 pole ribbon cable within enclosures and “green” round 8 pole cable to external products.
Above is an example (on the right) of a SmartWire panel installation compared to the traditional wiring method.
System Benefits of SmartWire-DT
1. Lean Connectivity
• No point to point wiring
• Plug connectors to devices
• Combined data and power cable
• Reduced effort and expense! For wiring, test and commissioning by up to 85%
3. Lean Power
• Data transparency from the controller to the sensor/actuator
• Actual current and energy consumption values of motors and plant
• Enhancement of system availability
• Optimisation of energy consumption
• Fast diagnostics and simple maintenance
2. Lean Automation
• I/O level of the PLC becomes part of the switchgear and is eliminated
• Simple, linear automation structures
• Automatic addressing of devices
• Common Software platform
• Ideal for Industry 4.0 and Smart Factory Installations
• Reduced project engineering. By up to 70%
Intelligent wiring solutions can streamline connection and communication inside and outside control panels. They help machine and system builders to design their applications quicker and more compact with lower costs.