Dependable production and industrial processes rely upon a whole series of activities and events to take place concurrently when required, from the press tool forming component parts to film packaging machines at the end of a conveyor. Ensuring these events occur when they should typically relies upon digital communication between the various mechanisms at play such as PLCs, computerised monitoring systems and the machines themselves.
Industrial ethernet has a long-established history of providing reliable and dependable factory floor communication in numerous industries and applications. When a demanding working environment calls for an capable industry 4.0 ethernet installation solution the RocketLinx Range, designed by Pepperl + Fuchs, is the perfect go-to solution which is available to buy from Kempston Controls.
Meeting and exceeding digital communication demands
Pepperl + Fuchs RocketLinx Ethernet Switches have been designed to meet the demanding requirements of industrial ethernet networking and industry 4.0. This impressive offering consists of managed and unmanaged industrial Gigabit and Fast Ethernet switches to suit numerous applications and budgets.
RocketLinx switches are robust, with a rugged metal construction, (either steel or aluminium depending on the model) which increases thermal conductivity and heat dissipation, extending operating temperature ranges. The slim, space-saving design of these ethernet switches allows for easy integration within control cabinets and panels, while compliance with industry standards including Class I, Div 2, CE, FCC, and UL508 ensure safety and reliability.Enquire Now
Unmanaged Ethernet Switches
- Cost-efficient -industrial-grade solution
- Simple plug-and-play network expansion at the field level
- ICRL-U-5RJ45-DIN – 5 ethernet ports
- ICRL-U-8RJ45-DIN – 8 ethernet ports
- ICRL-U-5RJ45-G-DIN – 5 Gigabit ports
- ICRL-U-4RJ45-SFP-G-DIN – 4 Gigabit ports, 1 Gigabit SFP fibre port
Managed Ethernet switches
- Rapid reliable expansion of Ethernet connectivity, Industry 4.0 ready
- Advanced management, security, network redundancy, mission-critical reliability
- ICRL-M-8RJ45/4SFP-G-DIN – 8 Gigabit ports, 4 Gigabits SFP fibre ports
- ICRL-M-16RJ45/4CP-G-DIN – 16 Gigabit ports, 4 Gibabits/fibre combo ports
Reliable Industrial Communications
These capable Ethernet switches combine reliable and cost-efficient RJ45 connections for short distance communication and SFP fibre ports for areas with high electronic noise or for long distance communication up to 120 km. Ideal for PROFINET IO and EtherNet IP, Industry 4.0 applications.
Depending on your installations requirements the connections can be individually tailored to the network application. Even if the configuration needs to be adjusted due to network infrastructure changes, hot-swappable SFPs allow for individual transceivers to be replaced rather than the entire switch.
RocketLinx Security and Performance Features
- Improve reliability and supports deployment in a wide range of industrial environments
- Incorporated VLAN support for network segmentation enhances security and performance
- Redundant power inputs offer guaranteed uptime in the event of a power supply failure
- Rapid Spanning Tree and ring protocols, loops are eliminated and network redundancy is established
- Built-in configurable alarm relay provides on-site notifications for port link and power events
PortVision DX is free software from Pepperl + Fuchs, that allows you to configure network settings of all of their managed Ethernet switches within the network. In addition to simplified configuration, this software also provides real-time monitoring and diagnostics of connected switches and easy firmware updates.
Kempston Controls has a long-established relationship with Pepperl + Fuchs which gives us access to the RocketLinx range along with their entire product portfolio. Speak to us today either by phone on +44 (0) 1933 411 411, email via email@example.com or using the contact form below. We will be happy to discuss your requirements and help you ensure that your new installation or retrofitting project goes exactly as planned.Enquire Now
Have you read these?
Kempston Controls is committed to finding you the ideal solution for your application. Call us today on +44 (0) 1933 411 411, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively contact us here, we will be happy to help.